OUR ROLE AS YOUR GENERAL INSURANCE ADVISER / RISK MANAGER
Our role is to correctly advise you on the protection of your:
- Balance Sheet/Profits
- Good Name, and
The purchase of Insurance is only part of the answer in providing this protection. The complete answer is called Risk Management.
Risk Management involves recognising the risks which are applicable to the business and dealing with them through a combination of:
- RISK ASSESSMENT by identifying potential areas of risk
- RISK CONTROL by taking measures to reduce the risk including avoiding dangerous operations, contracting out of hazardous areas and introducing steps to reduce the likelihood of claims
- RISK RETENTION using excesses and self-insurance of minor exposures, such as glass breakage and fusion
- INSURANCE for those risks that can't otherwise be accommodated (including statutory forms of Insurance)
Our Committment To You
As your appointed Insurance Adviser, we commit to undertake the following activities each year:
- Conduct a Risk/Needs Analysis of your business
- Advise our recommendations on the correct covers required to protect your assets and liabilities
- Recommend the appropriate Insurer to match the risk
- Provide alternatives on your risk retention through alternative excess options
- Provide alternatives to pay premiums in monthly installments
- Regular servicing of your account to ensure you are adequately informed of issues that may effect your business.
In the event of a claim, we undertake the following activities:
- Provide you with the Insurers Claim Form
- Arrange for the Loss Assessor to be appointed if applicable
- Advise on the completion of the Claim Form
- Submit the Claim Form to the Insurer
- Negotiate any settlement of the claim with your Insurer
- Provide advice to ensure you have received your full entitlements
Security Of Insurers
About Risk has a duty to ensure that your insurance policies are placed with a secure and solvent Insurer who will settle any valid claims when they arise.
Although we cannot guarantee the financial strength or solvency of any Insurer, About Risk utilises a wide range of reputable authorised insurers, selected on the basis of the quality of their products and services. After assessing our customers' needs, we can utilise the strengths and skills of the appropriate insurer to ensure we give our customers the right protection.
Whilst price is important, the financial security of the Insurer is paramount.